I know that with businesses to run, families to take care of, and lives to live…
Life can feel straight up overwhelming sometimes.
So how do you take your power back and stay present to the magic that’s around you all day every day?
Gratitude is one of the most powerful magical tools we have.
Now, I’d bet a milkshake that you already have a bunch of gratitude tools in your toolkit.
I’d like to add to that by giving you one of my all-time favorites. (And it’s something I personally practice all of the time.)
I call it – The Epic Gratitude List.
Its origins are in a practice an old friend taught me many years ago, called The List of 100. (You can steal this too.)
The List of 100 is a list of one hundred things you’d like to be / do / have / experience in the coming year.
Some are big. Some are small. Some are really 3-year and 10-year goals.
The point is not to do all of them (though you will many of them, especially if you print your list off and tape it to the wall, like I do), but to list them all and put down what you really want.
So we’ll get back to that a little later (though if you want to start your List of 100, by all means go for it)… for now, you can see where this is going.
The Epic Gratitude List is a list of 100 people, situations, experiences and things you’re grateful for right now.
Some are big. Some are small. It really doesn’t matter.
What DOES matter is that you get them down, because the goal of this is to create a tangible, physical representation of the abundance you already have.
So what makes The Epic Gratitude List really special?
The length, for one. Sure you may be checking in with gratitude every day… or making a list of 5 or 10 things…
… but how often do you make a list of ONE HUNDRED THINGS you’re grateful for?
Answer: probably not very often.
The point here is to dig deep – go past the usual stuff you give thanks for every day, and really notice the good things all around you. And how many good things you have.
Another point of The Epic Gratitude List is evidence.
Have you ever noticed that when you’re feeling like sh*t, it’s really hard to make the gratitude list?
I mean, here it is supposed to be this high-vibe tool and all… and it is.
But when you’re in the thick of it, you may have noticed that gratitude can be really hard to access.
That’s when you pull out The Epic Gratitude List and look at the facts.
The “squishymind” – as my husband puts it – has a really hard time arguing with the facts on the ground.
Which means it’s really, really handy to have the right kinds of lists (those with evidence of awesomeness) at your disposal.
So over the next couple of days… I invite you to make an Epic Gratitude List. Not just for now, but for the days where you’re not. (Not feeling the gratitude, that is.)
And if you really want to go the distance – I invite you to blow past 100 and go all the way to 1000!
One more thing about this practice – and it’s really the only “rule,” per se…
Make your Epic Gratitude List fast.
This is not the time for overthinking. This is the time for gratitude momentum. Plus, it’s always fascinating to see the order in which it comes out. And what we forget. (No judgment, just fascinating and you can always add more later.)
To inspire you, I’ve included my own Epic Gratitude List for this year. I made it in about 40 minutes.
To your health, wealth, joy and LOVE, always. I am grateful for you!
Elizabeth’s Epic Gratitude List
- Leland, the love of my life.
- Brigit, our bright arrow and the other love of my life.
- The ridiculously epic amount of relationship work that both Leland and I have done over the past 3 years, and all that has transpired as a result.
- My immediate family – J, H, A, M, L, M, J, and…
- Leland’s immediate family – H, M, J, G, B, and…
- Our AMAZING Feminine Magic® team – Lisa, Megan, Natalie and our tech team
- All the AMAZING Feminine Magic® team that’s coming!
- Travis Sago and Jeannie Martin-Sago, two of the most amazing mentors and friends I could ever have.
I love you.
- Jessica Daniels, for capturing my essence so perfectly for so long
- Katy, Trish and Kevin – our legal and finance team
- The women of the Highest Level Leader Collective – past present and future
- The women (and cool guys!) of Highest Level Manifesting and The Circle, past present and future
- The women – and yes cool guys too! – of the Feminine Magic® trainings that have allowed me to
develop this work
- The women and men of our wider Feminine Magic® circle
- Caitlin Batcher and the Scale with Success community, for figuring out the funnels so we didn’t have to
- My amazing money mentors, including Ryan Moran, Linda P Jones, Garrett Gunderson, Jaden Sterling, Ann Wilson and Dr. Tony Pennells for showing me all the cool ways to build wealth while living this life of my dreams
- Halle Eavelyn for holding the vision of Egypt and being my sister in another life
- Tamika Auwai for the friendship, jamming and all she continues to bring to Feminine Magic®
- All the Egypt sisters, for deepening our bond over the past year
- American Express! Good golly, I frickin’ love Amex and how easy they make everything
- Chase Bank. They have been incredibly helpful to me and their client care, even when you call the call center, feels local. An impressive feat.
- All the other financial institutions I use, including Authorize.net and our local credit union
- Gary Salyer, for all his NLP-ninja-ness and support
- Rachael Jayne Groover, for such grace, class and amazing work in the world
- Cristy Code Red, for the Code Red Lifestyle
- Our AMAZING sitters and Brigit’s school community, for all they contribute to her
- Jennifer Longmore, for who she BE, friendship and mentorship
- The entire NLP Marin community for being the best NLP training center on the planet
- Elayne Kalila Doughty, Ariel Spillsbury and the women of the 13 Moon Mystery School
- Mitch Horowitz, for all he does to raise the standards and image of esoteric work (a true friend on the path)
- David Neagle, for who he BE and all that he has taught me
- Danielle Rama Hoffman, for being a true pioneer in consciousness and model of How It Should Be
- doTERRA Essential Oils, for being such a commitment to the health of the planet
- Athena Perrakis and Sage Goddess, for leading the way raising the standards and caliber of magical supplies – and of course all the cool stuff 🙂
- Being so present in Brigit’s life – being able to spend so much time with her at this stage
- Jesse & Sharla, and all in the Leaders for Conscious Entrepreneurship
- Joanna Lindenbaum, for ELEVATING transformational coaching to what it should be – and for BE-ing such a great friend and partner
- Facebook and all its contribution to our continued expansion
- For all the MAGICIANS continuing to bring magic to the mainstream
- Denise DT – for all of the partner support, friendship and late-nite messaging!
- The Akashic Records and to the Recordkeepers for all of their guidance
- Doreen, Delores, Dion, Maud, Moina, Annie, Florence, Pixie, Mary K and all the women magicians and priestesses of the Western Esoteric tradition who came before me (yeah, ok, so this is a big one)
- Neuro-Linguistic programming and all of its influence on my life and Feminine Magic®
- Dr. Judith Swack of Healing From The Body Level Up (and our amazing client Michelle Wilson for hooking me up with her)
- That I get to do what I do. Hello, amazingness-still-need-to-pinch-myself.
- Carey Peters, for being a friend through it all
- Wald & Ruth Ann, my early Tarot teachers. To Wald for a middle-of-the-night emergency phone call last year that changed everything.
- The Entelechy Girls and my old school spiritual family
- Always having an abundance of money in the bank account
- The knowledge of how to create an abundance of money or anything else, regardless of what is going on
- The amazingness of how the community around me has shown up in the past 7 years
- All those fighting for what’s right, everywhere
- Cutting all ties with those who are not as I thought they were; who I am as a result
- The iPhone, Macbook Air and all of the other technology that makes life easy
- Uber!! Love me the Uber.
- For all the basics: our homes, running water, lights, electricity, etc. May I never take any of that for granted
- Really good manicures 🙂
- The immense amount of personal freedom I enjoy
- Lee Milteer – another sister on the magical path and a true role model
- Ryan Daniel Moran, for hooking me up with Travis and for BE-ing so truly himself in the online space
- For 3 altars and everything on them and the ease of access to such high-quality magical tools. (The me of 20 years ago wouldn’t know what to do with herself)
- The Portland Airport. The Port of Portland is truly the BEST.
- The outdoors, nature, the sun on my face and yes the rain as well
- Long walks in Macleay Park
- The Oregon Coast, especially Cannon Beach and the Surfsand Inn
- Hiking boots!
- The Science of Getting Rich – this book has changed my life so many times
- The myriad of slow cookers in my kitchen (a guilty pleasure, guys – you have no idea how obsessed I am with my slow cooker)
- All the Keto, Paleo, low carb and Whole30 bloggers and teachers who make the livestyle so EASY
- My Ninja Foodi GRILL. 😀
- Morning walks with my two loves
- Date nights
- All the launch processes and mentors – including Jeff Walker and PLF, Justin Livingston and all of Travis’ contributions to shaking things up. You guys make high service EASY.
- Pink Sakura Gelly Roll pens, Levenger paper
- The Celtic Holidays channel on Pandora
- The ability to work from home and all of the amazing freedoms it provides
- Sedona, AZ – here’s to spending even more time there
- The Core Manifesting Process® (the manifesting process at the heart of our Feminine Magic® trainings), and all that it has empowered me to create
- Snuggle time with my man
- Snuggle time with the Girl
- Leland / Elizabeth / Brigit / all-three-together
- Coloring time with the Girl; the adult coloring craze
- Saturday morning Mommy / Brigit breakfasts
- Watching Brigit learn how to knit and craft before my eyes
- Helping Brigit create her first altar
- A morning ritual that really works
- All of the parenting joys, lessons and experiences of the year
- The way that magic has worked its way into public consciousness – again, unimaginable to my 24-year old self
- Bill Hader aka my spirit animal (hey, while I’m at it 🙂 )
- The essential oils in the diffuser right now (Wild Orange and Frankincense); plus the vast collection scattered all over the house
- Really, really high quality food in ample supply
- Oregon farmers markets (see above)
- Custom-made clothing on Etsy
- Clients and friends who have been with me since the start of my business or even before, who have watched me evolve and grow
- Bee, Kat, and old friends from way, way back
- New York City, and all the years I spent there
- The New York City magical community and all it taught me (and still teaches me)
- Mark Waid, for who he BE and all he taught me
- Universal Law – all the ways it empowers us and all that it demands of us
- All of those out there working on behalf of others who do not have the conscious awareness (yet) of how powerful they really are
- For the ability to ask and then have it be given
- All of my teachers in marketing, copywriting and direct response
- My new Apple Watch 😀
- Over $7m made in the past 10 years – including LOTS of pivots
And the list goes on and on….
What’s on your list?