Every body of work has deep roots. In Western mystery traditions, we recognize the significance of lineage.
Here, then, is an incomplete list of just some of the people & forces that have left their mark on my magic.
- Born into a family of scientists, I have a BA in political science from Trinity College in Hartford, CT and a Masters of computer science from NYU. I spent 10 years as an engineer before quitting to follow my purpose as a transformational leader and teacher of magic.
- Despite my “normal” upbringing, I was aware of magic from a very early age. I had many childhood experiences with intuition and the unseen worlds. My self-study in magic began while I was still in grade school.
- I arrived in New York City after college, and over the next decade, I had the blessing to meet, study with, and attend the workshops of many teachers, including Wald & Ruth Ann Amberstone of the Tarot School, Lon Milo Duquette, Donald Michael Kraig, Rachel Pollack, Mary K. Greer, Chic & Tabitha Cicero, and other modern masters of the Western tradition.
- A few years later, I found my way to Proteus Coven, founded by the late Judy Harrow. Proteus and its daughter coven Entelechy were my spiritual home for over 8 years.
- During my time in New York, I embraced writing and formed friendships with many creative luminaries. Terri Windling, the founder of urban fantasy; Midori Snyder, Ellen Kushner & Delia Sherman, Mark Waid, Brian Wood, Gail Simone, and Kelly Sue DeConnick were all dear friends at that time, and remain highly influential on my work today.
- In 2004, I met and married my husband, Leland Purvis. A professional illustrator, craftsman, and philosopher, Leland is the unseen hand behind everything I do.
- In 2007, I quit my job to follow my calling. For two years I undertook an intense period of study with the greats of direct response marketing, including John Carlton, David Garfinkel, Harlan Kilstein, and Dan Kennedy. Hands down, this remains some of the most valuable education in the art of transformation that I have ever received.
- In 2008 I began a deep study of the Universal Laws, which continues to this day. Much of this has been through reading the classics, and also through many programs, seminars, and private work with David Neagle.
- 2009 – 2012 was a period of extensive training in the art of coaching, mostly with Kendall SummerHawk. Though we are no longer affiliated, I honor our work together during that period.
- 2010 – 2012 – Began work with Neuro-Linguistic Programming, under the guidance of master practitioner Terry Hickey. Around that time, I became aware of the work of Carl Buchheit at NLP Marin.
- 2012 and 2013 – Certification in the Transformational Coaching Method, a coaching methodology based on the work of Carl Buchheit, taught by the Health Coach Institute.
- 2013 – 2014 – Work with the 13 Moon Mystery School, led by Elayne Kalila Sophia and Deva Haley Mitchell, along with private work with 13 Moon’s founder, Ariel Spilsbury.
- 2014 – Akashic Records Certification and Teacher Certification with Jennifer Longmore founder of Soul Journeys®.
- 2016 – Extensive work with master NLP Practitioner and relationship expert, Dr. Gary Salyer.
- 2017 – 2018 – Masters-level Certification in Neuro-Linguistic Programming at NLP Marin, with trainers Carl Buchheit, Michelle Masters and Carla Camou, plus all of the teaching assistants (TAs) that make NLP Marin the very best NLP training center on the planet.
- 2018 – present – Mentorship with master marketing strategist, investor, and offers genius, Travis Sago of Big Mojo Promotions.
I also wish to recognize these outstanding teachers, artists, and magicians for their influence on my life and work. Linda Bard, Eben Pagan, Jesse Koren & Sharla Jacobs, Justin Livingston, Jeff Walker, Danille Rama Hoffman, Nicky Scully, Normandi Ellis, Phyllis Curott, Laurie Cabot, Christopher Penczak, Stuart Wilde, Mitch Horowitz, Joanna Lindenbaum, Ann Wilson, Jaden Sterling, Garrett Gunderson & the team at Wealth Factory, Dr. Tony Pennells, Dr. Adrienne Fulco, Douglas Johnson (professor of music at Trinity College, Hartford CT), Michael R. Moody of the Hartford Symphony, Patrick Ourceau, Tori Amos, Kristin Hersh, Caitlin Bacher, Pamela Bruner, Zach Lutz.
And of course… none of this would be possible without family: Joseph & Helen Genco, Angela & Mark, Mike & Lisa, their children, all the amazing souls of Leland’s lineage and our own bright arrow golden girl, Brigit Aurelia.
The Only 4 Manifesting Tools You’ll Ever Need
To Call In Everything You’ll Ever Desire
Discover the 4 “magical tools” you already have inside you to manifest exactly what you choose, consistently and on command – AND how to use them to create the next big payday in your business.